Joining your professional association makes a statement. It says you are an engaged HE professional and demonstrates a commitment to your career development. It also does so much for you. It connects you to a wider community of like minded professionals that will broaden, support and encourage your professional interests and development.
Whether you’re in the early stages of your career or are an experienced or senior higher education professional, it’s time to get connected with the AUA. There is an active role for everyone in the AUA no matter what stage of your career you’re at or aspiring to.
Your membership benefits
Events and conferences: To support your development and professional practice we provide a series of conferences and events throughout the year on a range of HE topics.
Publications: Perspectives is our quarterly peer-reviewed professional journal that shares ideas to enhance the practical aspects of higher education management and administration and furthers your knowledge and understanding of influences and developments in the sector. Newslink keeps you updated on what’s happening in the AUA community three times a year, including professional development opportunities, events, sector and colleague news.
An enhanced web experience: We are unlocking our website for our members so you get an enhanced site which is personal to you. You will be able to securely update your membership details, tell us about your interests, make connections and log and record your CPD. (Going live Spring 2017)
Networking: Our members are connected. You can link into a variety of networks at local, regional and national level to share information and connect with colleagues at every level of the profession.
Professional recognition: As an AUA member your post-nominal letters demonstrate you are an engaged higher education professional and an active member of the AUA.
Exclusive opportunities: Such as our Annual Lecture which is exclusive for our members. Study tours provide the opportunity for you to connect with colleagues across the globe and experience higher education in another country.
Accreditation: Our accreditation scheme provides a clear pathway for you to take your career further and become an Accredited Member or Fellow of the AUA.
Discounts: As a member you can take advantage of discounted rates to all of our events, including our flagship Annual Conference and Exhibition.
Renewing your membership
If you have a current subscription, renewing online is the easiest way to continue your membership for another year.
Online renewals are only available if you pay by credit/debit card, or by invoice. If you pay by Direct Debit or your subscription has lapsed, contact us for a renewal form.
- Click the link below and log in using your AUA members’ area details
If you’ve forgotten your password there is an option to be sent a reminder by email
- Once you’re logged in you’ll see a table showing details of your current subscription
- If you’re near the end of your current subscription we’ll already have created a new one for you (look for an expiry date of next year), you just need to pay the new subscription’s outstanding amount
- Important: this page lists all subscriptions due for payment, including outstanding amounts for previous subscriptions that were lapsed due to non-payment. Please make sure you renew a subscription for the current or upcoming period, rather than an old subscription
- Click the red ‘Renew’ button
- From here on it’s just like booking a place at an AUA event. Select how you would like to pay, agree to the AUA terms and conditions, and then place your order
- Once we’ve received your payment your subscription will be renewed within ten working days – all without a single phone call or email exchange!
Renew your membership and log in with your AUA membership account.