Association of University Administrators
Supporting a student through the PgCert programme means you will get the chance to share your professional experience, make a real contribution to an HE administrator’s career development and ultimately give something back to the HE sector.
The AUA PgCert programme is a challenging, self-directed, distance and work based learning programme. To support students in their independent learning they are each assigned a mentor.
As a mentor your role is to:
- Help your student to plan and review their progress
- Assist them in identifying opportunities for professional development
- Challenge them to reflect critically on their professional practice and development
- Encourage them to explore difference approaches to assessments
The mentor relationship allows students to broaden their perspectives and to challenge thinking beyond their immediate professional context.
By becoming a mentor, you will…
- Enhance your coaching skills
- Create lasting bonds with like minded professionals
- Add valuable experience to your CV
- Impact the next generation of HE managers
We are offering the following dates and locations for mentor training in Autumn 2018:
- Bristol | Wednesday, 26 September
- Manchester | Thursday, 4 October
- London | Monday, 8 October
If you would like more information on the PgCert mentor role please visit: https://aua.ac.uk/become-pgcert-mentor/
Already a mentor? This training is open to all existing mentors as a refresher and will include all the details needed to mentor on the 12 month programme.