Global Opportunity | Join our study tour to Japan
This Autumn, the AUA is heading to Japan!
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow as an HE professional as you will gain unique insight into global higher education and experience a different point of view that will benefit your professional practice and your institution.
The Tour will take place in the first two weeks of November 2019 and will last for up to two weeks.
Is this for me?
Applications are encouraged from staff working at all levels in order to maximise the opportunities for personal enhancement and sharing knowledge. Five participants will also receive a travel award for £500 towards their participation in the tour. When selecting members of the tour and making the travel awards, attention will be given to creating a diverse and representative group. It is essential that you are able to commit to the tour, that you are able to self-fund or will secure funding for your participation and that you are able to have time off from work during the specified period.
I’m interested! How do I apply?
Applications will be considered by the Study Tour Coordinator and two senior members of the AUA with relevant experience and should be comprised of a full CV and a covering letter, to include a statement of interest.
Your application must address:
- How your previous experience makes you suitable for investigating an aspect of higher education in Japan, together with your thoughts on possible themes/topics for the tour
- How you can help ensure that the findings are disseminated within the sector on your return
- What personal benefits you expect to gain from participation
- What support is available from your home institution
- Any Japanese language skills you possess (this would be an advantage but is not essential)
Applicants will not be interviewed, so please ensure that your application includes all relevant information.
Informal queries can be directed to the AUA Office.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 06 October at midnight.
To apply, please complete the form and upload a cover letter and your CV (no more than 2 pages) highlighting your experience and stating why you would like to undertake this role.