Tuesday, 15 May 2018 | 9:30 to 16:30 | Manchester | Member: £245 +VAT | Non member: £345 +VAT
This highly interactive workshop will provide you with a range of tools and techniques to lead others through change. You will gain insight into the theory, practice and drivers of change management, and the various ways in which people react when faced with change. You will come away with practical tools to apply in your own working environment.
“Excellent overview of change management theory and tools. Good mixture of presentation and participative content”
“Raised exceptionally good questions for me to think about and incorporate into my plan”
Who is it for?
This workshop is relevant to anyone likely to experience change in their institution; especially those who will be required to manage and guide others through the transition.
By the end of the day you will have
- Developed your understanding of the types of change and what drives them
- Considered a range of different approaches you can use to support people and engage positively with change
- Used analytical tools and practised techniques to plan and implement change
- Learned to identify personal reactions to change and strategies to overcome resistance
- Gained insight into how to engage with and motivate your team to facilitate more effective change
- Learned techniques for monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of change
- An understanding of how you can use the AUA Framework and professional behaviours to support and enhance the development of others and yourself through change
What professional behaviours will I develop?
Who will be speaking?
Sophie has worked within Human Resources and organisational development for the past 25 years, in organisations as diverse as Marks and Spencer, Eversheds, NHS and now higher education. As a practitioner she has been responsible for the whole range of change interventions and is a very experienced trainer and training development specialist.
Sophie has a Masters in Leading Innovation and Change and an ILM 5 qualification in coaching and mentoring. She focuses on assisting colleagues to engage positively with the change process and providing 1:1 support for senior leaders and team members working through change.
Please note that all event bookings are subject to the AUA Event terms and conditions: https://aua.ac.uk/event-terms-conditions/