Thursday, 28 June 2018 | 9.30 to 16.30 | Friends Meeting House, Euston Road, London
Members: £295+VAT | Non members: £395+VAT
Back by popular demand, this one day workshop will provide a good foundation of the principles of lean and how they apply in higher education.
It will provide you with a basis on which to build your experience and knowledge of lean and the tools and techniques for process and service improvement.
The day will cover:
- The importance of customers and how they can help to shape working practices in the organisation
- How to analyse current working practices with a critical eye and what to consider in practice redesign
- Providing a problem solving methodology that will help to focus managers, individuals and teams on what is important
- How harnessing the knowledge skills, and capabilities of staff is critical in making sustainable change and growing a culture of continuous improvement
“The trainer was engaging and fun – her experience really brought the examples to life and made it applicable to us.”
“Excellent facilitator with relevant experience and provided lots of real examples.”
“Great speaker, clearly knowledgeable and nice relaxed way of presenting which made it fun and engaging.”
Who is it for?
This workshop is relevant to you if you have ownership of a service or process and want to investigate how to meet and exceed customer expectations. No prior knowledge is required before attending.
This is an interactive workshop and you will be encouraged to link your learning to your workplace. The day will comprise group and individual exercises to develop your knowledge; applying tools, techniques and concepts for the real world.
- Understand the five principles of lean and how they apply to higher education
- Take away techniques for improving your service and/or process to meet your customer needs in the most effective and efficient way
- Know how to apply solutions to overcome or minimise these challenges
What professional behaviours will I develop?
Who will be speaking?
Christine Stewart, Managing Director, Macresco Ltd
Christine is an experienced lean practitioner; she has worked in the manufacturing, financial and higher education sectors to develop organisations, processes and people to become more effective and efficient. She has experience in working with organisations to develop their strategic plans for improvement, reviewing and developing processes to deliver customer value and harnessing the knowledge and experience of staff in order to implement sustainable change.
Please note that all event bookings are subject to the AUA Event terms and conditions: https://aua.ac.uk/event-terms-conditions/