About this Event
This event has been postponed and bookings have temporarily closed. New details to follow in due course.
Back by popular demand, this one day workshop will provide a good foundation of the principles of lean and how they apply in Higher Education.
It will provide you with a basis on which to build your experience and knowledge of lean and the tools and techniques for process and service improvement.
The day will cover:
- The importance of customers and how they can help to shape working practices in the organisation
- How to analyse current working practices with a critical eye and what to consider in practice redesign
- Providing a problem solving methodology that will help to focus managers, individuals and teams on what is important
- How harnessing the knowledge skills, and capabilities of staff is critical in making sustainable change and growing a culture of continuous improvement
By the end of the day you will be able to:
- Explain the five principles of lean and how they apply to Higher Education.
- Consider ways of improving your service and/or process to meet your customer needs in the most effective and efficient way.
- Be aware of the challenges of applying lean and have solutions to overcome or minimise these challenges.
This workshop is relevant to you if you have ownership of a service or process and want to investigate how to meet and exceed customer expectations. No prior knowledge is required before attending.
This is an interactive workshop and you will be encouraged to link your learning to your workplace. The day will comprise group and individual exercises to develop your knowledge; applying tools, techniques and concepts for the real world.
Details in brief
Location: Friends House, London
Start time: 09:30
End time: 16:30
Fees: £295+VAT | Non-member £395+VAT
Christine is an experienced lean practitioner; she has worked in the manufacturing, financial and higher education sectors to develop organisations, processes and people to become more effective and efficient. She has experience in working with organisations to develop their strategic plans for improvement, reviewing and developing processes to deliver customer value and harnessing the knowledge and experience of staff in order to implement sustainable change.
Excellent facilitator with relevant experience and provided lots of real examples.
Great speaker, clearly knowledgeable and nice relaxed way of presenting which made it fun and engaging.
The trainer was engaging and fun – her experience really brought the examples to life and made it applicable to us.