10 January 2019 | 9:30 to 16:30 | Mary Ward House, London
Member price: £245 +VAT | Non member price: £345 +VAT
The fast changing sector landscape requires new leadership approaches to change
In uncertain times, your team will look towards you to advise, direct and guide them. This highly interactive workshop will provide you with a range of tools and techniques to lead others through change. You will gain insight into the theory, practice and drivers of change management, and the various ways in which people may react when faced with change, starting with yourself.
You will come away with practical tools to apply in your own working environment and be that ‘port in the storm’ that your colleagues will be able to rely on.
Who is it for?
This session is relevant to all professional services staff that recognise the importance of supporting fellow team members and staff through transitions in the HE sector. It is also a good overview for anyone wanting to shape the responses and get the best from everyone.
What will I learn?
By the end of the day you will have
- Developed your understanding of the types of change and what drives them
- Considered a range of approaches to support people to engage positively with change
- Used analytical tools and practised techniques to plan and implement change
- Learned to identify personal reactions to change and strategies to overcome resistance
- gained insight into how to engage with, and motivate your team to facilitate more effective change
- learn techniques for monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of change
- understand how you can use the AUA Framework and of professional behaviours to support and enhance the development of others and yourself through change
Being open to and engaging with new ideas and ways of working. Adjusting to unfamiliar situations, shifting demands and changing roles.
Taking a holistic view and working enthusiastically to analyse problems and to develop workable solutions. Identifying opportunities for innovation.
Engaging with the wider context
Enhancing your contribution to the organisation through an understanding of the bigger picture and showing commitment to organisational values
Working collaboratively with others in order to achieve objectives. Recognising and valuing the different contributions people bring to this process.