Thursday, 11 October 2018 | 9:30 to 16:30 | London | Member: £245+VAT | Non member: £345+VAT
This workshop will help you meet your objectives, find workable solutions to problems, and learn how to maximise use of available resources.
You will explore a number of concepts and try out practical techniques including writing really SMART objectives, problem solving and assessing risks. You will also practice the essential people skills you’ll need to bring others with you.
You will leave with your own personal action plan to achieve your goals and do more with less. There is a small amount of pre-reading to do and please remember to bring your diaries with you, electronic or otherwise!
“The day was incredibly useful for those with and without management duties and was applicable for the variety of HE administrative roles that were present. Fantastic and thought provoking day”
“I came out of the session with lots of tools and ideas that I can use in my working environment to enhance our working and the student experience”
Who is it for?
This practical workshop is relevant to anyone looking to improve their productivity, effectively manage their time, use resources effectively and achieve results.
By the end of the session, you will be able to
- Identify and apply a range of creative problem solving techniques
- Write really SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, timely) objectives that align with departmental and organisational strategic objectives
- Differentiate between responsibility, authority and accountability and understand how these affect delivery of results
- Understand different influencing techniques and the impact of using different approaches
- Prepare for a discussion to address a challenging situation
- Use a simple framework to prioritise and manage your workload and improve your productivity
- Identify and assess risks using a Risk Log
Please note that all event bookings are subject to the AUA Event terms and conditions: https://aua.ac.uk/event-terms-conditions/
Receive event updates by signing up to our special Events newsletter.