It’s time to get connected.
Join your professional community and realise your potential as a HE practitioner.
Why should I join the AUA?
Joining your professional association makes a statement. It says you are an engaged HE professional and demonstrates a commitment to your career development. It also does so much for you. It connects you to a wider community of like-minded professionals and opens up opportunities that will broaden, support and encourage your professional interests and development.
Your membership benefits
Networking: Our members are connected. Through us you can link with a variety of networks at a national and local level, and make connections with colleagues working in all areas of HE and at every stage of the profession.
Professional recognition: As an AUA member your post-nominal letters demonstrate you are an engaged higher education professional and an active member of the AUA.
Development: Professional development comes in many guises at the AUA. As a member, you can study for the Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration, Management and Leadership and gain experience by getting involved with the Association as a volunteer.
Accreditation: Our accreditation scheme provides a clear pathway for you to take your career further and become an Accredited Member or Fellow of the AUA.
Exclusive experiences: Such as the Annual Lecture, open just to AUA members.
Global opportunities: Our annual study tour the opportunity to connect with colleagues across the globe and experience higher education in another country, or you could find yourself representing the AUA at an international conference supported by a bursary.
Events and conferences: To support your professional development and practice, we provide a series of conferences and events on a range of HE topics.
An enhanced web experience: As a member you can unlock the website to access an enhanced site which is personal to you. You can securely update your membership details, tell us about your interests, make connections and log and record your CPD. And while you’re there you can visit our interactive forums and find out what everyone is talking about.
Resources and publications: Perspectives is our quarterly peer-reviewed professional journal that shares ideas to enhance the practical aspects of higher education management and administration. Our Good Practice Guides provide bite size support for your professional practice and we also publish blogs, articles, career stories and all our latest news on the AUA website. As an AUA member, we invite you to write for us. Having your words published in print or online can simultaneously boost your professional identity and development.
Discounts: As a member you can take advantage of discounted rates to all of our events, including our flagship Annual Conference and Exhibition.
Tax relief: AUA Membership subscriptions are fully allowable for those employed in the sector as a deduction from taxable income under Section 201 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988.
This template can be submitted to HMRC if you do not complete a tax return form. If you submit a tax return then your AUA subscriptions can be listed as a tax-deductable expense.
More information on how to claim tax relief on your subscription is available on the HMRC website.
AUA members are committed to:
- Advancing education for public benefit through sharing professional knowledge and practice
- Developing our own and others’ professional practice
- Actively championing a professional culture of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Working to the highest standards of fair, ethical and transparent professional behaviour
Our values underpin the nine professional behaviours of the AUA CPD Framework.
Choosing the right membership for you
These member prices are applicable from 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019. You can join as a full, concessionary or international AUA member. Full membership is based on three salary bands:
• Reduced (£22,999 or less) £78.16 per year
• Standard (£23,000 – £45,999) £114.70 per year
• Senior (£46,000 or more) £150.22 per year
• Concessionary (Retired or student membership) £71.05 per year
• International membership £101.50 per year
You can choose to pay by monthly direct debit (UK only) to receive a 10% discount on your subscription.
• Reduced (£22,999 or less) 1 month at £5.88 then £5.86 per month
• Standard (£23,000 – £45,999) 1 month at £8.63 and then £8.60 per month
• Senior (£46,000 or more) 1 month at £11.34 and then £11.26 per month
• Concessionary (Retired or student membership) 1 month at £5.43 and then £5.32 per month
From 1 August 2019 to 31 July 2020, AUA membership prices will shift to:
• Reduced (£22,999 or less) £80.11 per year
• Standard (£23,000 – £45,999) £117.56 per year
• Senior (£46,000 or more) £153.98 per year
• Concessionary (Retired or student membership) £72.83 per year
• International membership £104.04 per year
Monthly direct debit rates (UK only):
• Reduced (£22,999 or less) 1 month at £6.10 then £6 per month
• Standard (£23,000 – £45,999) 1 month at £8.89 and then £8.81 per month
• Senior (£46,000 or more) 1 month at £11.64 and then £11.54 per month
• Concessionary (Retired or student membership) 1 month at £5.49 and then £5.46 per month
I'm ready to join
We’re delighted that you’re ready to join the AUA.
…and you’ll soon be joining our large network of international members and enjoying the many benefits that membership of the AUA offers HE professionals.
Association of University Administrators
Sackville Street, Manchester, M13 9PL